Initially, I was going to do a regular list of “Macau’s best hotels,” with some being most luxurious, others best location, and most bang for your buck. But looking at 5-star hotels in Macau just showed me that Macau’s best hotels are also pretty damn good value! So of course, I had to base my list on my favorite ones. (My eight favorite, if you’re counting.) If you’ve taken a gander at any of my other posts about Macau, you’ll probably notice a few familiar names on this list. What can I say? The good ones just keep showing up.
Just a quick note – prices are based on the slack season. Can’t guarantee that price for the dates you want, but I put ’em in there so you’d have an idea of what to expect.
NOTE: THIS POST HAS BEEN SPONSORED AND/OR CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THROUGH WHICH I EARN A COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. SUPPORT A WOMAN-OWNED SMALL BUSINESS (LIKE MINE!) TODAY. (P.S. ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN. OF COURSE.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS > Click to open
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
5 Star Hotels in Macau: 8 Stunning Hotels to Choose From
1. Conrad Macau
As one of the highest-rated 5-star hotels in Macau, you’d think it’d cost a pretty penny to stay at here. And, yeah, to be fair, it’s one of the pricier places on this list. But considering everything you’re getting into the bargain, US$128 per night is still a hell of a deal. The rooms hit a sweet spot of luxury you don’t see everyday – marble bathrooms, spacious suites, and sumptuous meals are just the start of it.
- Price Range: from US$128 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: What really makes this place 5-star is the service. Be sure to ask the staff about sightseeing suggestions – they’re super dedicated to all of their customer’s comfort.
- Address: Estr. do Istmo, Macao
They don’t have “palace” in the name for nothing. This hotel looks like a palace straight out of the old Persian empire – all sweeping arches and grand domes. It’s also right by the harbor, so it gets some bonus points for convenient location and sea view. (Assuming you get a room facing towards the sea.)
- Price Range: from US$79 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: 2nd floor has both a pool and a spa for beauty treatments, perfect for a bit of extra pampering.
- Address: Macau Fisherman’s Wharf, Avenida da Amizade, Macau
This is a great place for a staycation, especially if you’re bringing along your kids. The hotel is family-friendly and provides plenty of amenities specifically for kids. Even without any little goblins tagging along, though, staff is friendly and rooms are clean and comfortable.
- Price Range: from US$97 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: Check out the indoor pool and the massage jets if the weather’s looking iffy – you won’t regret it!
- Address: Estrada do Istmo, Cotai, Macau
Marriott is famous the world over for a reason, and their installment in Macau lives up to the name. Like Studio City, they’re family-friendly, offering a kid’s set of amenities when needed – not to mention a water park! But they still have plenty of facilities catering to adults, too, most notably a pool bar.
- Price Range: from US$111 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: The Macau Creative Art House offers a great chance to flex your creative muscles. This program is led by people with disabilities to help raise awareness, so you’ll be doing good while having fun.
- Address: Gallery Macau, Estrada da Baia da Nossa Senhora da Esperança, Macau
Sheraton Grand Macau gives you quite a bang for your buck. You get a gorgeous view, top-notch service, and access to a slick, modern pool surrounded by palm trees. The room is also a lot bigger than you’d normally expect for that price. I, for one, can sleep much easier knowing I’ve snagged such a great bargain… buuuuut having a little extra space to stretch out helps, too.
- Price Range: from US$71
- Tip o’ the Day: Take a photo with the Big Ben replica out front. Great way to smoosh two awesome cities together, amiright?
- Address: Estrada do Istmo, The Londoner Macao, Cotai, Macau
The Venetian is Macau in a nutshell: hotel, casinos, shops, restaurants, and a miniature replica of Italy. Not Italy specifically, but the city seems fond of copycatting architecture from all over the world. I won’t complain, though – not when it gets me a sweet gondola ride in Asia, of all places. If you want a place with all the glitz and glam, book a night or two at the Venetian.
- Price Range: from US$108 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: Seriously, visit their indoor Italy – you won’t regret it!
- Address: Estrada da Baia de N. Senhora da Esperança, Taipa, Macau
Loads of reviewers gush over how warm and welcoming this hotel is. At this point, I just have to take it as fact: Grand Hyatt is a home away from home. Except nicer than your actual home since someone else is doing the cleaning. Definitely the hotel to choose if you’re looking to unwind.
- Price Range: from US$112 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: Book a ticket at the House of Dancing Water show. It’s in the City of Dreams near the hotel and has some amazing live acrobatics and Broadway-level shows.
- Address: City of Dreams, Estrada do Istmo, Macau
As you might expect from one of the best 5-star hotels in Macau, St. Regis has got some amazing service. Reviews across the board talk about the courteous, helpful staff who go the extra mile to make your stay the best while you’re there. More than one talked about getting special treatment from staff for birthday and anniversary celebrations. It’s the priciest hotel on this list, but not for nothing!
- Price Range: from US$141 per night
- Tip o’ the Day: If you have a special occasion going on, be sure to mention it during booking. You might just get some extra special treatment during your stay. (Maybe. Don’t quote me on that!)
- Address: Estrada do Istmo, Macau
From 5 Star Hotels in Macau to the Best Sights Around
Hope you got something out of this list. I do try to be entertaining while I inform! Check out some of my other posts on my top picks for sightseeing if you’re interested in more tips. Be sure to follow along for future updates as well!
Did You Find This Post Helpful?
Support my coffee addiction and my blogging habit all in one fell swoop. Chip in with a one-time amount of your choosing. (Forever in gratitude, hugs in advance.)
PIN THIS FOR LATER…